Handmade by Annie

Handmade by Annie

Friday, July 9, 2010

New Cardigans


I'm in love with this pattern. I found it on Ravelry.com and some brave soul explained how to alter it to make an adult version... so Katie and I have matching sweaters...

I still have to work on mine a little - as the size isn't quite right and I want to add some length to the body of it... but Katie's turned out PERFECTLY!!!!! I love it and plan to make many many more in all different sizes and colors:)

It only took me about 4 days to complete both of them... but I am getting faster as I repeat the pattern and getting more daring in playing with the shaping. I might RIP our the entire top of the green one in order to add the pretty shell design to the body so that it's longer for me... which makes me sad but I'd rather have it be right than have it done.

Katie's is in a soft white yarn that cost me like 4 dollars for the whole skein and I have some left to make a hat or something. And mine took 3 balls of really soft, really bulky yarn that cost $3 dollars each. Which is really not that bad cause they are both machine washable:)

LOVE THEM!!!!! Can't wait to make more. I am about to embark on my most complicated project yet... a super fancy sweater for my favorite little princess, Morganne... so I will be focusing on that for awhile... but might do a few small projects like this in between that one so I can catch my breath a little:)

I also had a request to make a Kindle cover for a friend - so I am going to try to make her something snazzy:) But that should be quick... so I will do that before I get the yarn for Momo's sweater!

Thanks for reading!

Bitch for the day.

ASK versus AKS - nothing annoys me more than listening to people speak and say I had to AKS someone a question - it's A S K - UGH!!! I get even more annoyed when it's people who make ridiculous amounts of money like sports stars, etc.... GET A LANGUAGE COACH!

Hugs and kisses to you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment